Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

I lied.

I decided NOT to cook but to bake on this pleasant day. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot as hell so it would not be appropriate to bake. I also happen to have 3 EXTREMELY ripe bananas just hanging out on my counter. Right now my apartment smells like delicious banana bread. I got the recipe from my trusty Weight Watchers website. It was SO easy to make and it's only 5 points per slice. I know that seems like a lot but if you compare it Starbucks Banana Nut Bread that is 11 points. The anticipation of baking is almost too much. I'm the kind of person that will literally jump in water first then ask their are sharks in the water afterward. I'm not one for waiting. Ever. Which is silly to think because I am ALWAYS late. Not to work, just to hang out with my friends.

Here is the Weight Watchers Recipe:
1 1/4 cup of flour, white
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 baking powder
3 tsp oil, canola
1 large whole egg
2 large egg whites
3 ripe bananas (suggest mainly brown)
1 cup of old fashion uncooked oats.

This is worth every bite. I would say that I'm going to share this bread but probably not. It's entire to good to give away. Unless your name begins with K and ends with ait.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I want a piece of that bread right now!

    I also wanted to tell you, I apparently own a Weight Watchers Cookbook (who knew?). We should have a cooking day soon!

    ReplyDelete