Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My name is Katie Kemmerer...

And I have confession. Before I get to the point, I want to say this. We all lie to ourselves about something. Whether it's money, a relationship, work, or family. Any way you spin it, it's a lie. I've lied to myself the past 26 years. I am over indulgent, an over eater, and over the top. So here's the actual shocker (not really), I DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT! Ha! You thought I was going to say something sweet. Nope. I didn't lose any weight. Why? Well I just told you why. I over eat, over indulge and have NO self control when it comes to food. This is why I need to reteach myself how to eat. This is why I blog. It keeps my honest. If I say it out loud, it makes it real. No Katie, you did not lose any weight. Did I have a great time? YES. Does it feel as good as wearing a size smaller. NO. It's hard to admit you're failing. But like the great Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over until it's over." Truly poetic. Listen, I'm a positive person. Positive energy equals positive outcome. This is a life style change and not an over night fix. As long as I keep this in mind, I will see results. Hang in there with me. I'm off to Nashville tomorrow for a small vacation which is going to be rough on the diet. Regardless, I will move forward.

<Insert picture of me surrounded by cookies, wine,  chips and gauc, and feeling sorry for myself>

<Insert picture of me give the aforementioned items the middle finger in my size 10 jeans again>

1 comment: