Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have a sweet tooth.

I know it sounds like a bad pick up line but it happens. It sucks. You want everything. EVERYTHING. Fruit is a great thing to help with that craving but it doesn't satisfy you completely. I found this recipe but I modified it to keep costs down. I took the concept of the recipe and applied to my own. Here's the original from Cooking Light.

Ingredients

1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies (about 4 cookies)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
Cooking spray
4 teaspoons butter
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, shaved



Directions


1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in a small bowl.
3. Hollow center of peach halves using a melon baller. Arrange peaches, cut sides up, in an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Carefully fill each peach half with 1 rounded tablespoon cookie crumb mixture. Place 1 teaspoon butter on top of each filled half. Broil 2 minutes or until butter melts. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

I decided to use Special K (about 1/4 cup) instead of cookies and I used cinnamon (1 tsp) instead of chocolate. I did everything the exact same just different ingredients.






This might be lower in calories and it's SUPER SWEET AND TASTY!! I love it. I can be addicted to it.
Here's the original nutritional facts. Each one is 5 points which is totally cool for a dessert!


Calories: 132
Fat: 7.4g
Protein: 1.6g
Carbohydrate: 18.6g
Fiber: 1.7g

No comments:

Post a Comment