Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Meatless Monday.

I'm starting to feel like might titles have all this sexual/drug undertones. I decided to go vegetarian for the night and go for the beans. I watched a video on my favorite website www.cookinglight.com about super foods and beans is one. Beans, beans, the magical fruit...well you know. I saw this recipe on their Facebook page and decided to make a bigger portion so I could eat it throughout the week. Looking back, I would not add the cheese right away but add it as I service. It's simple. It's light. It's filling.


I also forgot my basil and balsamic vinegar. Whoops.

Ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped tomato
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Basil sprigs (optional)


Preparation
  • Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add pasta, basil, salt, pepper, and chickpeas; cook 2 minutes. Place mixture in a bowl; stir in cheese and vinegar, and garnish with basil, if desired.
Nutritional Information (1 serving = 1.25 cups)

Calorie: 376
Fat: 8.7g
Protein: 17.5g
Carbohydrates: 57.8g
Fiber: 4.7g

1 comment:

  1. Ooh yummy. My kids actually like garbanzo beans so I could totally get them to eat something like that!

    ReplyDelete