Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cook What You Got

And I have eggplant, zucchini, whole pizza dough, and mozzarella. It's been far to long since my last post. I have been eating these veggie burgers from Trader Joe's that are to DIE FOR but I needed to use these veggies before they went bad. I have never been one for zucchini or eggplant but since I'm trying my best to eat more vegetables, fruits, and all natural meats, I decided to give it shot. However, it must taste good in order to lose weight. If food does not taste good, why would you eat. Well, we need it to stay alive. But more than that, food should be an experience and nourish our souls. Not just our bodies. I need to eat food that is grown naturally without the help of hormones or processing. I lost 40 pounds in France due to walking every where and a healthy all natural diet. Let's not confuse natural and organic. Organic food is still processed, but with very few chemicals. When I say natural, I want cows that only eat grass and chickens that only eat seed from the earth. Of course it's not completely possible for me to cut out all processed food so YES I will turn to organic because it's lower in chemicals. It's really important to keep this in mind when choosing foods. I love Trader Joe's Market for that reason. Lot's of organic and natural choices. In this meal, the most processed thing in this meal is the dough.
I had lunch with my dear friend Leslie and she showed a recipe for zucchini pizza so I stole the idea and came up with my own idea.

Ingredients
Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1/2 Eggplant, sliced
1/2 Yellow Zuchinni, sliced, peeled
1/2 Green Zuchinni, sliced, peeled
3 tbs fat free balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
Four for rolling the dough


Directions

Preheat oven to 425

On low to medium heat, cook eggplant and zuchinni in balsamic vinaigrette and garlic. Move zucchini around the pan so not to burn. Cook eggplant about 4 minutes on each side. You may need to add more EOV to make sure the vinaigrette doesn't start to burn. Remove from heat once veggies are cooked through. Set aside.

On a flat counter, cover area with flour and cover rolling pin with flour. Spread out dough as desired.

Layer eggplant first, then mozzarella, then zucchini, then mozzarella. Season with red pepper flakes as desired.

Cook for 15 minutes MAX. And BAM. There you go...delicious vegetarian dish.
If you're feeding 8 people, it's about 210 calories a slice. Hope you enjoy!

On a side note, my brother wants me to give a shout out o myfitnesspal.com. It's true. They are fantastic and SO EASY to use. They have every food possible!!!! If you have a smart phone, I highly suggest their app!

No comments:

Post a Comment