Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

GREAT NEWS.

I DID NOT GAIN WEIGHT ON VACATION! And I ate everything. BBQ, biscuits and gravy, ice cream, pizza, sweets, alcohol (not a lot but the good kinds with a lot of points). But here's the key, we walked everywhere. We rarely took the car if we were within 2 miles. We walked everywhere because it was beautiful outside. This is true of European lifestyle as well. They walk everywhere because they can. Guess what? I live in a "city" with everything within walking distance minus my gym. I have a grocery store, coffee shops, and salon. I am committed to walking where I can walk. I did this in France and I lost 45 pounds. I can even WALK TO MY BOYFRIEND'S HOUSE! No need to drive my car. Plus I'll save gas!
Nashville Walking Shoes
That GOOD alcohol I was talking about. Yazoo Brewery. So good. So deadly.
The greatest thing about getting out there and walking is sometimes you find things you never expected. I remember when I would walk to school, I would always find something different about Paris. I found a church built in 1465 right in the middle of my neighborhood. I would run into a fashion shoot for Vogue France. It's eye opening when you take a second and look around.

1 comment:

  1. I looove walking to the store. I was just telling Sean that I would rather our trip to the grocery store took an hour and I walk than driving and it taking 15 min because it is so much less stressful! No annoying parking lots, it is super fun for the boys (ants! flowers! treeeees!) and I feel good after. Win/win, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete