Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The key to losing weight is...

Making food taste good (thank you Kait Lunny). This is so true. You must make your food taste good and satisfying otherwise you will leave your meals wanting more. In my case, I want more of everything. EVERYTHING. We were BBQing on Thursday with chicken and I didn't want just the usual. My friend Kait busted out Food & Wine magazine with a list of marinates that I could use for the chicken. I went with a very simple marinate that I unfornuately do not remember the exactly proportions.
Here is what is in it:

Curry, oregano, salt, minced garlic, white vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and chili powder.




I let it sit for about an hour but next time I will let it sit over night and use less oregano. The philosophy of making your food taste good seems entirely too simple. That's because it is. You have to eat things you like in order to maintain/lose weight. There are simple and lite ways to make your food taste good. Keep this in mind next time you grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment