Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sheperd's Pie during the summer...oh heck yes.

Kevin asked me to make him a Shepherd's Pie. Didn't really expect it especially during summer. Of course, I went on the hunt for a recipe that still has the flavor but not as much fat. I decided to go with a REALLY LEAN ground sirloin and we splurged on the mashed potatoes. I went for a sirloin that was 4% and locally produced in PA. It was all natural and VERY tender. The cheese I bought was from Trader Joe's and had NO hormones. I added some steak sauce and a little bit of sweet bbq sauce for flavor.

Ingredients

2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
3/4 pound ground sirloin
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese




About 356 cals a serving as long as you keep it lean. Remember DON'T SKIP TASTE. Otherwise, you won't want to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment