Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Feeling Fat...yeah so am I. That's why I made Mac and Cheese.

Obviously this is the most fattening, most delicious, most guiltiest of all pleasures. Cheese. Cheese is so damn divine that I cannot explain it with words. I can only say that if I were offered a job that I got to taste cheese all day and do nothing else, I would take it and throw it everyone's face that I get paid to eat cheese.
This afternoon, with snow on the ground and my Fat Girl Syndrome hitting hard, I knew I had to make something that was savory and warmed my big ol' belly. That my friends is Mac and Cheese. Not just any Mac and Cheese but Valveeta Mac and Cheese. With this in mind, I chose ingredients that were lower in fat over all but still delicious. Let's be real...you won't eat it unless it's good.
I got the recipe from Kraft Recipes but I made some skinny decisions.
I added Turkey bacon, sweet peas, 2% milk cheeses (Mozzarella and Cheddar), and non-fat milk. I know it's still fattening and not the healthiest of foods for you but once again...you won't eat it unless it's good. And skinny doesn't always taste good. It's all called moderation people. I didn't eat the entire try (that's what I have Kevin for) and I don't eat seconds (I save for the next day because it saves money and calories).
Of all the Mac and Cheeses I have attempted, this is the best tasting and easiest to make! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment