Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm really losing it.

I had a terrible food weekend. I discovered my other trigger is cereal. I never knew. The only reason I can think of is that it's so easily accessed. Pour yourself a bowl...or two...or three. Stop judging. I judged myself enough. I ate a shit ton of cereal. No reason in particular. Seriously though, I went ape shit on that cereal. I overate. A LOT. I ate like I was starving. It's completely psychological. I tell myself, "This is it. No more." then I go crazy. I eat everything. From now, I need to slow down and enjoy the show.
I'm realizing more and more that it's my eating habits that are killing but not just what I eat. I notice that my eating schedule is off on the weekends because I'm not eating breakfast at 5:30 am or lunch at 10:30 am. This needs to change. The more realistic way to change this is to wait to eat my breakfast later so that I'm not starving. I also need to give myself those food that I want. Every payday, I go to Starbucks and order a coffee with cream and sugar and a warmed raspberry scone. It's so good, it hurts. I eat it too fast though. If I took my time, I would probably be able to enjoy more.
Today I went grocery shopping and I bought some items that I believe will help or have helped with curving that craving. I also went with the idea of the incredible egg! I hard boiled some eggs and bought snack foods that have the most impact on my hunger.
I bought the Jiff Peanut Butter cups and Planter's snack packs. Hopefully these tricks will help me get it in gear. OH and I ran for 30 minutes at 2.75 miles. Nice and slow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment