Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

And so we begin...

Today is my first step in actually cooking for myself. I have never been able to do so without over eating or throwing away food. My friend Julie started a blog about her weight loss and I believe it's the best way to be honest. I started at 198 and I am down to 190 in about 6 weeks. I can't help but say it's not enough because I went through a giant weight loss during late college and after but I wasn't doing it the healthy way. At my highest weight, I was 245 but I went to Paris, France for 4 month and it's 100% true; French women don't get fat. I dropped about 45 pounds. After college, I was determined to lose more but it wasn't the right way. I was eating maybe 800 calories a day and working out about 6 times a week for no less than 2 hours. The thing about weight loss is that you must own EVERY SINGLE POUND before you can truly commit to losing weight. I ate every single calorie and willingly gained every single pound. It's now time to commit to a lifetime change.
I'm starting very simple with a chicken salad recipe I got from the Weight Watchers App on my lovely iPhone. Here's the recipe:

3/4 pounds chicken, cooked, cubed
1/3 cups celery, raw, finely diced
1/3 cups pickles, without sugar (dill), finely diced
1/4 cups mayonnaise, reduced calorie
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste



I purposely did not add any seasoning because I wanted to do a different seasoning every day. My friend Kait suggested I season it as I go that way I don't tase the same thing every day. I substituted celery for green onions and dijon for regular mustard. I can't but say I'm extremely cheap. I pair it with 100 calorie flat bread and you get a lunch sandwich for 6 points!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food even though I'm a French teacher. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle Tex Mex Weight Watchers style :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I'm with you every step of the way. I've taken that journey and know how much better it is when you have support. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete